This year was super special! We were able to spend the Holiday with both our families without doing double meals. Adam's parents were nice enough to invite my parents and grandma so I wouldn't have to ride in a car to Charlotte (avoiding swollen legs and back pain), and so Adam wouldn't have to deal with a cranky wife who was in pain and not sleeping well or a toddler who doesn't sleep well in other places. It also kept me from taking 3 days to prepare for an overnight stay and 3 days to settle back (I mean really...how does one night in Charlotte take time to recover).
Adam and I are really blessed not only that we have families that get along with each other but that enjoy each others company. I grew up with both grandparents at every holiday event and I loved it, how special for a kid to see all their grandparents...the spoiling is unreal when 2 sets of grandparents/great grandparents compete.
We ate a lot!
 |
| Guess who was super excited to graduate to the kids table...and no it isn't my mother in law...although she does seem to be enjoying herself. |
 |
| Adam's sister, her husband and his father |
 |
| Adam's cousin, her husband, his aunt, his grandma, my mom, my grandma and my dad. |
 |
| 4 pies, cobbler, and ice cream |
The kids played...
 |
| Zack loves playing on grammy's piano |
 |
| almost as much as he loved being included in the big kid games (speeding down the hill in a wagon). |
The ladies looked at Black Friday Ads...
 |
| I did so well on Black Friday! |
The men...well...
I was actually there...and I am so happy that I actually remembered to take pictures this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment