Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who said there were no other ex-pat's in Huizhou???

On Friday we met with our Chinese tutor, she apparently taught all the ladies I met in Palm Island and some of the people I have met locally.  She (Vivienne) told us about a HJuizhou ex-pat group that meets every once and a while and were actually meeting for lunch Saturday.  We figured why not and decided to crash their lunch. 

We met at a sandwich place (those of you that know my eating habbits I love sandwiches and they are nonexistent in China) which was AMAZING and met a group of local people from Canada, Mexico, Italy and there were a couple from Japan.  The Mexican and the Canadian were married to local Chinese ladies who spoke very good English.  There was talk of a future wine tasting and a cook out…so you can imagine that we were glad we went to lunch.
Earlier this week I met Eloise from France who is moving back next week. She invited Adam and I to her going away party on Friday (normally I would be like…”she was just inviting us to be nice but doesn’t expect us to come because we won’t know anyone else there and blah blah blah…” going back and forth on whether or not we were ACTUALLY invited.  Living in China has made me stop thinking so much and just do…so we went.  I am so glad we did!  We met another group of Ex-Pats living in Huizhou (everyone we talked to loves living here by the way) mostly French, but they speak English.  They got our information so that we can get together later on for a drink or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment