Monday, June 6, 2011

Growing Like A Weed

Zack went through another growth spurt this week.   From what I read (and I know all babies are different)…this is not a typical time for babies to have a growth spurt.   I am wondering if he is going through extra growing periods because he is still underweight or it could just mean he is ready to roll over.  I HATE growth spurts.  For 3 days he is fussy, all he wants to do is eat and sleep; however he is only able to sleep if I am holding him.  During the rare times he isn’t eating or sleeping he is just plain unhappy, he doesn’t want to play he just wants to cuddle.  I enjoy a rare cuddle with Z but I hate that he isn’t his usual playful self.  After these days are over he basically sleeps for three days meaning I have no one to play with.  During this spurt I would tell Adam how fussy he was and how I couldn’t get anything done because he couldn’t be put down.  I am sure he didn’t believe me because it’s very unlike Zachary and by the time Adam came home Z would be so tired from not sleeping well all day that he would be sound asleep in his crib.  This weekend I figured Adam could help hold him and feed him (have you ever tried pumping while holding a baby?) however it was Zach’s time to hibernate…he basically slept all weekend, and was happy to sleep anywhere.  However I still didn’t get anything done because I hate doing chores on the weekend when I could be spending quality time with my hubby!
Zack’s sleeping really did give Adam and I a chance to be super lazy.  We watched movies and TV shows all weekend, we played wii, we played with the baby (the short time he was awake).  It was WONDERFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment