Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snomageden 2014

It was a pretty bad storm.  Not in the fact that there was dangerous ice or lots of long term power outages...but in that it came early and it came strong.  Within 30 minutes of the first flake the roads were almost undrivable.  Lots of people had to leave their cars and walk home or to a friends house.  I had friends who took a couple hours to drive a few miles.  It was pretty bad.  Thankfully (I guess) Adam was home with the stomach flu so I didn't have to worry about him driving home and thankfully the boys wake up early meaning we take early naps so we weren't caught out running one last trip to the grocery store (unlike a lot of my friends).  And before you make a "must buy bread and milk joke"...I MUST always have bread and milk (along with bananas and applesauce and several other things that toddlers will ALWAYS eat).  I ran to the store at 8:30 that morning for those things because I knew even if the roads were OK they wouldn't be great and I am not willing to risk it with my kids...plus who wants to scrape a car and bundle the kids to run errands.  Not this girl. In our little world we didn't have to go anywhere or do anything.  We stayed home, we watched movies (sort of), we played and we made the obligatory trip outside to play.
dreaming of a chance to play in the "done)

standing by the window because the blinds are up





this is before the second layer of snow and ice on the road right outside our house

it's rare that I get a photo of me with both boys...let alone a cute one



someone liked throwing snowballs a little too much

my favorite part of this photo is the snot



he was happiest when we let him stand in the garage where his feet wouldn't sink into the snow



the boys took turns (sort of) sledding down our non hill.  As you can tell Hunter was thrilled

Zack LOVED every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment