Thursday, April 22, 2010

Domestic Goddess?

Can I still be a domestic goddess if I have a cleaning lady and send out most my laundry?  I decided rather then submit most of our clothing to the washing machine I only wash socks, underwear, rags and undershirts.  Jeans can’t dry outside, towels won’t dry, there is nowhere to hang sheets and I am not willing to let any more of our shirts become deformed.  I hired the cleaning lady because a) I feel very blessed with our lifestyle here and she needs the money and b) she will clean EVERYTHING (including scrubbing the oil caked walls in the kitchen that I have made a dent in by scrubbing the walls daily).  I decided a while ago that I didn’t feel right when I didn’t have children and I don’t have a job hiring someone to do the housework.  I still do 4 loads of laundry (at least) a week…small washer and limited drying space, I still spend a few hours preparing food, I still go to 3 grocery stores to find what I need, I still hike through the wet market and I still work to make sure that our life here is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment