Sunday, October 3, 2010

3 Day Weekend

One of the things I love about China, but kind of frustrates Adam is the amount of Holidays!  Adam had Wednesday off a couple weeks ago for the Moon Cake Festival and he had this Friday off for National day.  Now Adam would usually work these days but we like to give the driver time off and Adam can’t get cabs to the factory.  At first he gets annoyed at the amount of work that won’t get done but as soon as he gets to sleep in and enjoy a cup of coffee he is happy to have a day off.  Friday morning Adam went to the hospital to get his blood type (I am O- and if Adam is + the baby and I will need shots).  Funny thing though the Chinese don’t do + or -.  According to the test Adam’s blood type is A.  I guess this means a trip to Hong Kong to find out more info. 
We invited my friend JJ over to watch Star Wars (Adam and JJ both wanted to watch and Jodie and I figured we could let them watch it and be off the hook…no such luck for me).  JJ joined us for the first movie in the series and Adam and I watched the next 2 on our own.  Only 3 more to go!  Adam did volunteer to watch a series with me another time (I am letting him decide between the Twilight series and High School Musical 1-3).
Saturday we walked around downtown and joined some of Adam’s co-workers for dinner and a Chinese movie.  Sunday our plans are to be totally lazy (again) and watch movies and lay around. 
I think one of the best parts of Chinese Holidays is the fact that it is WAY too crazy to go out and do anything so the best thing to do is stay at home and be lazy (picture trying to have lunch at a mall restaurant at noon on Black Friday x 10…then imagine the 4 million people that live in and around Huizhou hanging out in the 3 main entertainment areas).  I love a good lazy weekend at home with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment