Thursday, October 14, 2010

Getting ready for vacation, makes me really need a vacation…

Today I did a major about of laundry…scratch that this week I did a major amount of laundry, I hate having laundry in the basket when we leave for vacation.  I took a break for lunch and conversation with the ladies (so much to do, but I wasn’t going to pass up hanging out with the girls).   I also had to get the apartment ready for the mold people.  We were informed that the mold in our apartment was very common in China and not harmful to our health, however if we still wanted it cleaned it would be very messy.  I love the Chinese people, but they aren’t the neatest people and they don’t take care of things the way I do, so I figured if they think it would be messy I didn’t take it lightly.  We chose to have it cleaned because a) we are bringing a baby into this house…never mind the baby could be effected by it now since I am exposed to it.  b) I have never heard of black smelly mold that is OK for your health and c) it smells.  I took all the baby stuff out of the baby room and hid it safely in the guest room, I took pictures off the wall so they wouldn’t get damaged.  I (with the help of my husband) cleared out the kitchen so that I wouldn’t have to wash everything when we got back.

Packing for Japan meant I had to iron anything I washed and hung before it went into the suitcase.  It also meant a few trips to the grocery stores to pick up snacks that are easy to pack, that will help me survive and are going to travel well.
I was exhausted, and we didn’t get to bed until midnight and we had to get up early to get to the airport on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment