When I got home I started filling the tub and my wonderful husband put one of the space heaters in the bathroom (which is usually miserable because it gets super cold). The water pressure was very low because well, we live in China and you can have hot water and great water pressure at the same time. Since it is a tub I like to use sweltering water and cool it off as needed. It took an hour to fill the tub half way but I figured I would soak while waiting for the tub to fill, never mind the fact that I am now the size of a whale and would probably raise the water level enough just by getting in.
I took off my clothes and dipped my toes in…freezing water. There isn’t enough hot water to fill the tub and since it took so long the hot water that was in the tub had cooled off. Oh well, at least my shower is hot!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Bath Fail
Well after my trip to Hong Kong, I planned on taking a bath for the first time in our new apartment…hot water here I come!!!!! I had been looking forward to this ever since we picked our apartment and I saw that it had both a shower and a tub. I had been dreaming of that weightless feeling I had at the pool and in the ocean in Bali (it was too cold in Australia). I was excited for the bit of pampering you get from soaking in a tub since I can no longer get massages, hair washes, mani’s, pedi’s because the Chinese people won’t touch you when you are pregnant, and the belly is too big to hide. I was imagining listening to my music while soaking my swollen feet and aching back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment