Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Checking Things Off...

Last week (or should I say last Monday and Tuesday) were very productive...and very overwhelming.  We spent both days looking at apartments and test driving cars.
Apartment Hunting:  I have to say this area has some amazing apartment choices...each apartment we saw was better than the last.  It all came down to location (and the kitchen).  We thought long and hard and weighed the pro's and con's...we decided living in Cary would be nice but we would be further away from things, so we ended up in Raleigh within walking distance to the Briar Creek shopping area.  I will have everything from BJ's to Homegoods at my fingertips.  Plus there is an Orange Julius and a Super Target! 
Car Shopping: We started at Carmax, not to buy a car but because I know they have a variety on the lot for me to narrow my choices down to a couple makes and models.  Radik was our sales guy, he was an immigrant (I think middle eastern) and was super nice.  If Carmax allowed you to haggle and they had a good model of the car I wanted I would have bought a car from him for sure!  I felt so bad when he brought a sold sign "just in case", and I felt even worse when we left without a car.  I have a lot of experience haggling and walking away from my time in China, but I still feel bad for Radik.  After leaving I was pretty sure about the Ford Edge.  Our second dealership was when I made my final decision...but I wasn't ready to buy the only one they had on the lot.  The car was the right price, it didn't have a lot of miles, but there was a chunk taken out of the steering wheel.  I don't expect a used car to be perfect but I don't want to settle before seeing if the perfect car for me was out there.  This salesman was the stereotypical used car salesman and he played all the games.  In the end he asked why I wasn't leaving with the car and I was honest, it was my first time car shopping EVER and I needed to see what was out there before I spent that kind of money...and what could he stay to that.  We searched online for every Ford Edge within driving distance and ended up at Capital Ford in Raleigh where they had a bunch of them!  Kenney was our sales guy and had been selling Fords since 1979.  His wife was a teacher drove a 98 Explorer which they gave to their daughter when she went to college.  I was a teacher and LOVED my 98 Explorer...yes he won me over.  He pointed out his Church on our test drive and we loved the car.  We went in expecting to see what else was out there and only buying if we found "the car" at a great price.  Well...
This was taken at 10:00 pm while we were waiting for our temp. tags...we had been there since 5:00 and hadn't eaten dinner.

Here it is my 2007 Ford Edge!

so happy to be back behind the wheel

In this you can also see my new wash and go mom hair cut!
Car...Apartment...Cell Phones...Haircut...finished...so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment