There are so many things in life that I don't even think to pray for...I usually get caught up thinking I am so blessed, and so many people struggle in ways I can't imagine, who am I to pray for things to be easier. I am a go with the flow kind of girl and I don't get stressed about most things. When Adam told me he would be going away for 2 weeks, I had just come back from vacation and needed some major vacay recovery. We also had a house in major need of work before we could move in...not to mention 2 weeks for Cree usually means 3 or 4 weeks. I didn't think twice about it...it is what it is and I can get through.
I figured I would be extra worn out and weekends would be super long, but it will all work out.
I love how God sees my needs and helps me out even when I don't think to ask. Zack has been amazing. At the moment we are settling down before a nap that he usually takes an hour and a half from now...this way I can get a nap in before meeting the carpet cleaners. All week he has been wonderful, flexible and had some major independent play.
Why didn't I think to pray for Zack's flexibility and my patience? I don't know. Why did God give Zack extra flexibility and me extra patience? Because he is good. I can just hear him saying..."Lindsay I've got your back! Nothing is too small for me and if you need a nap...you need a nap. It's not being selfish." Will I ever learn...well history tells me no. I hate asking anyone for help. Meanwhile I won't forget to thank him for the little stuff.
What little thing will I pray for tonight? That Adam won't be needed much longer than scheduled...On the other hand I am so proud of him and the confidence his bosses have in him to send him on such a big job.
PS...this is my first posting from my phone! Go me!
No comments:
Post a Comment