Sunday, July 1, 2012

Milton Mania 2012

Adam's dad has 4 sisters...those siblings have 12...those kids have 15 children (and 2 on the way...with several more to come I'm sure) ranging from age 15 years to 4 months. We all get together in Greenville SC at Adam's cousin Margie's (who happens to be 6 months pregnant...what a trooper) house. Only 3 of Adams cousins and several spouses were unable to come. We spend the weekend playing Domino, chasing the children, riding the 4 wheeler, eating and chatting. I have to say my first time I was a little nervous. I mean I was dating this guy who invited me to meet his extended family (and this was the big reunion with great uncles great aunts and second cousins). There was a second cousin who brought his fiancé...and because of that several family members mistook Adam and I for the engaged couple and asked several questions about our "wedding". Plus I was informed that Adam and his brother were the last two Milton's so it was up to us to have a boy to carry on the Milton name. Sounds intimidating, but because this extended family reminds me so much of my own I loved it! This was my third gathering and I felt like an old pro...plus I came with a son who will carry on the Milton name...pressure is off us and Jamie and Katie (Adams brother and his wife) so the responsibility of carrying on the family name belongs to Zack.
So back to the weekend...our usual outdoor domino games were taken inside (I mean we aren't crazy...it was HOT) and the kids alternated between playing in the basement and playing water games. Z-man however lives being outside and basically toughed it out in the heat from 7am to 7pm coming in only to nap. What a trooper.
My handsome boys

Cool Dude

too scared for the cool water slide

First golf cart ride

At the end of every weekend we take family photos:
The Cousins

The Miltons

The kids

No comments:

Post a Comment