Friday, September 14, 2012

29

Wow...what a year. Zack has grown up so much since my last birthday and next year we will have another little guy to celebrate with.
I also hope to celebrate my birthday next year without any unpacking...I think 2 years in a row is enough.
Adam had asked several times what I wanted to do for my birthday. I told him I was happy with some fancy take out and a movie night at home after Zack was asleep. He knows I hate surprises so he told me the day before that he organized a babysitter and wanted to make reservations somewhere nice but was afraid he would pick a place that baby didn't want that day. We went downtown and had drinks (coke for me, beer for Adam) and an appetizer. We walked around a bit and had a small very unfancy dinner (baby wanted queso dip) and although Adam wanted to take me somewhere better like Starbucks or really anything I insisted on milkshakes from cookout for dessert. I love that I am starting to eat again.
As a gift Zack gave me a 3 hour nap, baby boy gave me a day without nausea, and besides the queso and cookout Adam made coupons (that look real) for all my favorite things that don't expire until my next birthday, and a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage.
I am truly blessed, not because of the massage (although after the move I can really use one), but because of my wonderful little family, and all of my extended family and my wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment