I was certain (after everything with Zack) that my body didn't know how to go into labor on its own. I know Zack would still be in there had they not used several medical interventions. I scheduled an appointment for Thursday (moving day) thinking...no knowing...they would schedule an induction because my boys tend to thrive in my arms past 36 weeks.
You know that saying if you want to make God laugh tell him your plans? Well he sure has a sense of humor. He was not going to come before Thursday because we had to move, I had to finish packing and this is the one week/weekend that childcare for Zack would be complicated.
Wednesday morning I was in a lot of pain...I figured I had overdone it the day before plus I had gotten almost no sleep. I brought a basket of toys downstairs, put out several of Zack's favorite snacks filled up 2 cups of juice and settled in for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse marathon. I took a shower thinking that might help. I ignored the "pains" as I talked about Zack and his speech issues to his case worker. They didn't go away. Around 10:30 I called Adam and told him that I may need him to come home just so I could lay down. I told him I would call after lunch if I still felt like crap. At 11:00 my water broke...I was pretty sure...and then I was positive. I was in the process of refilling Zack's juice and making his lunch when I ran to the bathroom. Zack followed me yelling "doose, doose" and then wanted me to hold him up so he could wash his hands. I started racing through the house packing as many boxes as I could for moving day and calling Adam with Zack following me thinking this was a really fun game. Adam raced home I called the doctor and several friends hoping someone could watch Zack. The doctors office had what seemed like a 10 min long message with several options...are you kidding? I'm in labor I have to listen to the options and leave a message???? It took several times before I decided to press zero and see what happened. They told us to come to the office so they could check things out before sending me to the hospital. I laid down while Adam finished getting Zack lunch and packing his bag.
At the doctor I checked in "um...my water broke so..." everyone was impressed at how calm I was...calm?...do they know what's going on in my head????
The doctor said we could go for a short walk or head to the hospital...walk?...um no! At 2:30 we were checked in.
After a very quiet, quick uneventful labor Hunter showed up at 7:27...just in time to be cleaned up and taken care of so Adam could watch the State game.
I'm not kidding when I say that it was an easy labor...I'm still waiting to wake up from a dream and have a real labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment