Again...and it won't be the last time.
I never thought I would be so happy to move back into an apartment from a house. However I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is our long term home...the first home that will be OURS. The first home that we both love, the home we raise our boys in, the home we get to care for and work on. The home we can paint and decorate. The home where we can entertain and celebrate holidays.
When I told our realtor that we have lived in 9 places in the past few years he realized the pressure was on for him to find THE home for us...9 times! First we lived in my house with none of Adam's stuff because we knew it was very temporary. Then we moved to the Gold Lake Hotel in China for a month, then the Kande hotel for another month. We moved to our first apartment in China where we only had hot water in one bathroom until we lost it completely (try being 6 months pregnant and had to take cold showers for 3 months). We moved to another apartment. Before Zack was born we moved to a small flat in Hong Kong for a month so I could be near the hospital. When we moved back to the states we lived in two different hotels for a couple weeks each (with a 5 month old). When our stuff made it over from China we moved to an apartment here. We intended to sell Adam's bachelor pad but our tenants were nasty so we had to move in fix it up and get it ready to sell. Now we are moving to another apartment for hopefully only three months. Next stop our long term home.
Selling this house is such a blessing but the timing is not totally ideal. I am due in less than two weeks and our movers come next Thursday. We had sort of come to the realization that we would sell the house before the baby was born but the day before we were supposed to take a break from showings we got a call for a showing from 5-7:30 at night...Zack's witching hour/dinner/bath/bed...I ran home from the store cleaned the house gave Zack a bath threw him in his pj's and went to dinner (which lasted until the food came) so I drove around until 7:30. I get a call at 8:30 canceling the showing and asking if they could come Friday. Annoying! I told the scheduler to have their realtor talk to my realtor because it was my intention to have a super messy kitchen full of Christmas prep for the rest of the week. According to the other realtor they wanted to make an offer on Saturday...so OK one LAST showing before Christmas...one last time rushing Zack out of the house for a meal. Thursday night I got a call about another showing for Friday morning! What the heck! We had no showings in November and several in December and 2 the weekend before Christmas! I agreed and took Zack out for the entire day and night so the little monster wouldn't mess up the house. Saturday morning we get a call saying the people that saw the house Friday morning want to see it again because we are one of two that they wanted to decide between. On our way to hang at Target while they look at our house we get a call from our realtor with an offer from the other people who saw the house on Friday. Sunday we heard from the people who wanted a second showing and they weren't ready to make a decision but to let them know if the other deal doesn't happen because they liked our house best but had only started looking. On Christmas Eve we accepted an offer. Yesterday we had the inspection which showed no major issues. Friday our POD comes where most of our stuff will be stored. Next Thursday the movers come and Hunter is welcome to come anytime after that.
I'm so glad that this is all happening. I love that God has worked it all out and I am confident that he will keep Hunter on the inside until after we move...and even more confident that he will help us find our perfect home...in less than 3 months so we can get in there in time to celebrate Zack's second birthday.
You wanted to move before Hunter and look what happened! Hooray for your new home. Hopefully soon!
ReplyDelete