So I have been tired...VERY tired. It's what happens when you have a 4.5 month old who wakes up 4 times a night...EVERY NIGHT and who doesn't nap while brother naps and when you have a 2 year old who just doesn't stop...literally. Add on boxes to unpack a house to take care of and my obsession with painting my house and you can see why. I don't know if Hunter has been extra fussy lately or if Zack has been extra "two" or if it just seems that way because I am physically exhausted.
In comes my new series..."Good Things Thursday" where I can list the good things that happen during the week and not focus on the tantrums, the double cry sessions, the midnight feedings, the early wake up calls, the touch ups I need to make on the rooms I've already painted, the socket covers that have been off for a week but I don't have the energy to put back on, the lack of balanced meals etc...It's been a long week...I want to do this every Thursday so I am forced to make each day about something good.
Friday: I bought 10 super cute throw pillows for our living room and thanks to Target the total cost was within my throw pillow budget (yes we have a throw pillow budget, before we moved we made a list of everything we wanted to buy right away and came up with a budget for each...my list had picture frames, throw pillows, area rug, paint...Adam's list was TV, speaker, and various tools he NEEDED in order to build things for me).
Saturday: Adam took the boys to visit his grandma and I was able to paint the entire Kitchen and entryway...and We went out to dinner for a good friends birthday (I can pick 2 things, my blog, my rules)
Sunday: rainy day in pj's as a family
Monday: Ice cream with good friends including Hunter's new best friend 3 week old Luke.
Tuesday: Hunter didn't poop in the tub...this is actually pretty amazing...there is something about the warm water...
Wednesday: I finally got in 30 min of yoga...using Hunt-Dawg as my focal point. He really enjoyed it so it may be our thing while Zack naps.
Thursday: Hunter only woke up 3 times (once before I went to bed and once at 6:00 am so it should really only count as once).
No comments:
Post a Comment