Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Foreign people like it here!"

We were sitting at a Café…drinking coffee with Re-alta and Joanna discussing our housing options when Joanna says…”Foreign People like it here, you would like it here”.  We just said OK and kept looking through the menu, to show her that yes we would like it here.  She then said “look!  Foreign people like it here!”  I turned around and sure enough there were three white people sitting in a booth behind us.  I guess if they happened to eat lunch there that day then all foreign people must like it there.  This happened another time as we were looking at an apartment.  When we walked through a gate a white man walked out.  Joanna pointed out “look…other foreigners live here, you could have someone to talk to.” I chose not to mention that he may not actually speak English.  Come to think of it at one of the houses we looked at, the owner and Joanna were so excited that a French man lived next door and that we would have someone to talk to…I don’t speak French. 

No comments:

Post a Comment