Saturday, February 13, 2010

No Longer the Newbie

Today Jodie and I met a new expat wife who just moved to Huizhou.  She and her husband have lived all over and she is used to being forced to put yourself out there to meet new people (something I have had to learn).  It’s survival of the fittest.  You have a choice to put yourself out there and talk to every foreigner you see walking down the street (which isn’t many) or you can sit inside and mope all day long.  I have to admit I have done the latter a couple times but we are all allowed our gloomy days.  It’s not to difficult to put yourself out there since every foreigner you see is in the same boat.  Anyway Judi e-mailed me through the Huizhou Expat group and we decided to go to lunch today.  Judi brought her Bulgarian friend.  We talked about what it is like living away from the familiar and they shared their experiences in other countries.  Judi talked about organizing a group of women when she lived in Hong Kong.  They went on trips together, they met for lunch, and they did volunteer work and went to the spa together.  She suggested planning activities like that for us…UM…OK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment