Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lovin' Retirement

Lots of people ask me “So…what do you DO all day?” I like to say I am retired (and after watching my grandparents in retirement to me that means you love life and tend to be more busy then when you worked).  I wake up every morning at 7:30 – 8:00 and have breakfast while I watch a TV episode of something (on the many DVD’s we have collected since we have been here).  I do some exercise we have a beautiful park behind our apartment or I pull out my yoga DVD as I wait for my wii fit.  I do housework (when you have a small washer and do dryer it means doing laundry daily, dishes pile up quickly and when you don’t have hot water in the kitchen you have to boil water to wash).  I make myself a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch most days and have a bowl of fresh fruit.  After lunch I run errands to the food stores, the wet market and wherever else the day takes me.




I come back and clean fruits and veggies and start prep for dinner (if I am cooking) or I spend time on the computer catching up on  my pictures and blog while I wait to meet Adam for dinner or for him to come home.  Two mornings a week I have Chinese Class for 2 hours and I usually go to Shenzhen with the girls 1 day a week.  I have made friends with some women that live about 45 min away but I spend most of my girl time with my friend Jodie and her baby.  Jodie and I like to wonder Huizhou and have afternoon tea.  We are planning on starting to work at a local orphanage 1 day a week or so, but we have to wait for clearance (when the H1N1 virus was big they stopped letting outside people in).  I also like to spend my time planning trips for us to take while we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment