Friday, May 14, 2010

Real Housewives of Huizhiou

Today Judi, Zuri and I went to palm Island to meet up with the other girls (the ones I like to go shopping with in Shenzhen).  Jodie unfortunately couldn’t come because Louie was up all night the night before L.  Since the trip is about a 45 min drive we got a chance to get to know each other.  They are both going to be in Huizhou for at least 2 more years which is wonderful for me because Jodie is moving this summer, since her husband’s term is over.  I was really trying not to think about Jodie leaving since I knew I would be alone and she has been such a huge help throughout the adjustment.  Most of the ladies that live in Palm Island are leaving at the end of the month (I think only 4 are staying) so this was our last coffee morning with everyone.  Part of our lives here is dealing with goodbyes, you are forced into fast close friendships then ripped apart.  This is the downside to our lives.  We talked about shopping, baking, traveling and passed around babies.  Not exactly as exciting as the Real Housewives of Orange County but I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment