Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back from one trip and on to another

We are leaving for NY in a couple days…well tomorrow actually (we need to stay in Hong Kong overnight because we have a flight at 9:30 am (if we left Huizhou we would have to leave at 3:30 am and take the car and the train).  I need to pick up some things from Shenzhen and Hong Kong before we head back to the states so I am leaving Thursday morning and Adam will take the bus after work.  This trip still seems crazy and surreal…I know I am saying it is crazy and surreal to go to NY and NC when I live in China and just took a weekend trip to Macau.  I am totally over packing and bringing an extra suitcase with gifts (it was more expensive to send packages then the gifts inside cost…so I have been collecting Christmas/Wedding/Baby/Birthday gifts so I could carry them in a suitcase rather than pay to mail them).  The extra suitcase will come in handy to bring stuff back for my friends here and a few essentials that I can’t buy here (ie: poptarts).  I have completed our NY itinerary with some help from my mother (who is totally awesome and used to live there), much to Adam’s surprise I included all the tourist things (I have seen them…and I hate tourist things, but Adam has never been there).  I have even planned out what we have to eat while in NY (Hot Dogs from a vendor, NY pizza, and sandwiches from a NY deli).  We will hopefully see some of you…realistically we can’t see too many people in 4 days.  HERE IS THE RULE WE ARE NOT SAYING GOODBYE…WE DID THAT ALREADY AND DIDN’T EXPECT TO SEE ANYONE FOR 18 MONTHS…SO THE GOODBYE THAT HAPPENED IN FEBRUARY LASTS UNTIL AUGUST NEXT YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment