Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just Out of Curiosity…OLD WIVES TALES TO PREDICT GENDER

I read somewhere that with good equipment a doctor can predict the gender of the baby by ultrasound as early as 12 weeks at 80% accuracy.  Now they can tell with more certainty they can tell between 16 and 20 weeks.  So chances are I won’t find out anything until my October appointment (I will be 17 weeks) but just in case I decided to look to old wives tales to see what they say.

1)     I am carrying low – BOY (looking at my small bump and with my occasional lower back pain…I could be wrong about how I’ll carry when I am bigger but for now – LOW)

2)     My cravings are more sour then sweet – BOY (now when I say craving keep in mind nothing tastes good to me)

3)     My face is thin and pale – BOY (again…I have lost weight and am nauseous)

4)     My face is totally broken out – GIRL

5)     According to the Chinese Birth Charts – BOY or GIRL (I checked 2 and one said boy the other said girl)

6)     According to the ancient Mayans – GIRL (apparently if your age and the year of conception are both even or odd it’s a girl…if one is odd and the other is even it’s a boy)

7)     The ring test says – GIRL

8)     Morning Sickness? Check – GIRL

9)     Apparently if you look at what your mother had (girl then boy) and you are the first born you start with number 2 then move back to 1 – BOY

10)  Mothers Gut - ???? My feelings are totally based on what names I like better – GIRL, the clothes I find cuter – BOY or GIRL, I keep calling it a he (but it’s easier to say) – BOY

It looks like I have a 50% chance of having a boy and a 50% chance of having a girl…hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment