Basically the baby is growing very quickly (and by quickly I mean my due date keeps getting closer and closer). I have had every appointment on a Tuesday and the first appointment showed that I was 7 weeks and 1 day, the next appointment showed 9 weeks and 3 days, this appointment showed 13 weeks and 5 days (based on the size of baby)! This makes me wonder if I will have a little baby like me (6 lb’s)…a little Yoda (which apparently is what my parents called me when I was born because I was so small and wrinkled…nice huh), or a bigger baby like Adam (he thinks he was 9+lb’s), who I am sure didn’t get made fun of by his parents. The baby has a bladder (so the kidneys are working) and a stomach (so he/she should be swallowing). I saw both arms, both hands, both legs and both feet. The whole time we had the ultrasound on the baby had its hand in front of its face…so cute…almost like he/she was saying MOOOOOM, no more pictures (but as a mother it is my right to take as many pictures of my child as I want)!
Now for the food issue: The doctor didn’t seem concerned at my weight loss (because the baby was growing). We did discuss the problem though and since I kept hydrated and wasn’t vomiting everything up, he thought I would be fine. He asked me if I had tried EVERYTHING…including eating McDonalds. I told him that french fries are my go to food and he was ok with that. I told the doctor that the main issue for me is that I CAN’T eat most foods and he totally understood (basically I gag as soon as “bad” food is put in front of me or I tough it out and decide to put the “bad” food in my mouth…so I am gagging when I try to swallow and unless I have an emergency apple nearby I am miserable and gagging for the next 10 min.). I am so glad he understands and I know people mean well but telling me to just eat it anyway doesn’t help, and my doctor didn’t do that. He told me about his own wife who was sick and couldn’t eat much for the whole 9 months of both her pregnancies and he said both of the babies were full term and full sized (then he said I don’t know if knowing that will make you feel better or worse…but just know the baby looks great). It seems like every time I see Dr. Doo I like him more and more!
No comments:
Post a Comment