Saturday, September 11, 2010

New golf clubs, hard to find DVD’s, a box of donuts, and leftover Mexican food…

Can you really think of a better way to come home from a date night!  Adam and I ordered Golf Clubs from my favorite “copy” shopping area a few weeks ago and I didn’t want to be the one to decide if they were good or not before I brought them home, so I planned a day for us in Shenzhen.  Our golf clubs were perfect!  Adam was almost giddy when he saw them.  After a quick examination he couldn’t find a difference between them and the golf clubs we looked at in an actual Callaway store.  ***After we returned home we did a quick search on the computer and found the value of one set of our clubs and a bag would cost over $1400…we paid about $180 per set.  Merry early Christmas to us!!!!!  Then we went to IKEA where we ate a meatball lunch and picked up a few things…it was really about the meatballs.
After IKEA we went to a place I found online called Shenzhen Sea World.  I had no idea what it would be like although I knew it wasn’t like any sea world I had been to, I just knew there were tons of restaurants in the area (Italian, Thai, Mexican, American, Seafood).  It was a big square with tons of little craft stands set up selling jewelry, wooden toys, and of course DVD’s.  At the end of the square was a huge ship sitting on the land, it had been converted into a hotel and a few restaurants.  We walked around a bit before going to dinner at the Mexican place.  BTW…there were actual Mexicans running the restaurant, I can honestly say we haven’t seen any Mexicans since we left the States in June…it really is amazing what you miss.  It was early for dinner and we had a big late lunch so we ended up taking a lot home with us.  We couldn’t leave without picking up Sunday breakfast from Dunkin Donuts…yeah that’s right DUNKIN DONUTS!  It only takes about 2 hours to get there so we plan on going back…a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment