Monday, August 8, 2011

End of China Shopping!

I have been looking forward to this the whole time we've been here.  I have a long list of stuff that I was waiting until we were about to leave to pick up. 
I had a set of sheets and a duvet cover made.

The sheets are made in the navy, I had them make the fitted sheet extra deep so that my violent sleeping won't pull it off the bed.  I also got twin sized flat sheets so Adam and I could each have our own...things get pretty ugly when you have two blanket hogs...Adam wraps himself up and I kick blankets off the bed.  I feel in love with the pattern...it was not at all what I went looking for.  I really wanted something plain that I could dress up with fancy pillows and brightly painted walls.  The fabric spoke to me and I became inspired...all of a sudden some of the souvenirs and paintings we picked up will go with this perfectly.  I love that this is a one of a kind bedding set and I can't wait to see it on our bed!

I couldn't leave without picking up another bag...this one is for Tante Lorie.  She requested a Coach bag.  This bag retails for $298...they wanted me to pay $60 and I ended up paying $25.

The best purchases were the paintings and framings...
Zachary's footprints from the hospital...and his name in Chinese

Set of three paintings from Yangshou...photographed by me with my little pink camera...not too bad!

Grandpa Dalland's Christmas gift...this is him at the lake house

Adam's grandmothers Christmas gift...the mountain house

My pet project...a series of B&W's I took since our Honeymoon...there is some from almost everywhere we have been since.

They will become a wall mural in our home...someday
I can't wait to decorate our home.
Next I weekend I need to pick up Adam's Suit and look into...copy Le Cruset cookwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment