We went to the apartment really early so I could wash bottles and Adam could get the last of the stuff that we were giving away. When we finished we stopped off at Starbucks (will I go to starbucks so much in NC? I don't think so, I don't even like coffee...I just liked the feel of America). Adam got an e-mail with the amount we owed to cover bills and it ended up being 10,000 RMB (over 1,500 US)! We knew it was going to be a lot and because we have a foreign ATM card we are only allowed to take out 2,500 RMB each day. Usually when we pay bills we take a few trips to the ATM over a week...yes we HAVE to pay everything with cash. We had 8,000 and no way of getting more because we already got our max for the day.
| It's so hard watching someone else clean. |
| The last picture of Zack on this floral sofa! |
I went back to the hotel to pump, Adam went to the apartment to sign out while Zachary and I hung out with his birth buddy (a baby born to a French Bulgarian couple 10 days before Z in the same hospital...and they live in our building). Adam's 20 min checkout ended up being about 2 hours...and I am so glad I didn't go because I would have gotten really annoyed and mad (I am so lucky to have a husband who can deal with people telling us we owe more money because they have to hire someone to move the furniture back and repair pin holes...meanwhile when we moved in Adam moved furniture by himself and there were huge nails sticking out of the wall. Anyway all that is over with and we figured out how to get them cash.
| Goodbye 1201...yes the number was held up with scotch tape. |
Our driver took us to the HK border and we said goodbye...see a later post. Another car picked us up and drove us to the airport hotel. We hadn't eaten lunch so we had an early dinner then a late dinner with my good friend Judi and her husband Cesare...I am so going to miss my hotel friends. Cesare is an Italian chef and the head Chef of the Intercontinental hotel on the Hong Kong harbor...he had his assistant prepare a special meal for us. We finally crashed at around 1:30 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment