Friday, August 26, 2011

We Survived! Our Travel Story...thanfully nothing interesting or exciting happened

We made it!  We left our hotel at 7:00 am...honestly I was worried out airport shuttle wouldn't be able to handle our luggage.  We checked in and went through immigration and found our gate.  There were a ton of adoption families at our gate so I was very thankful we weren't going to be the only ones with small children on the plane.
We were in business class and boarded the plane last min (we didn't want Z to get cabin fever before the plane left) and I could see the looks on the faces of the people who had paid a fortune so they could get a good sleep on this 16 hour flight.  "How is it that I am the one sitting next to the baby?!?"  A few hours into the flight (when other passengers realized that Zachary was going to be alright) Zachary was the star of our section, he was fascinated with the grandma sitting across from us.  I am so thankful Cree put us in business class...not only was I able to lay the seat flat so Zachary could kick and play, but I was able to pump in the privacy of my own seat without being that girl who spent 20 min in the airplane bathroom. 


The new face of Delta Business Elite!
Yes I used my manual pump in my seat on the plane...twice!  I really thought I would have to give a lot of formula (my milk supply was down due to the stress of the last couple days and I wasn't sure what plane pumping would be like) however I only had to give 4 ounces of formula...and it would have been 2 but immigration in Detroit took a while and I didn't have time to pump before our second flight.
When we got to the Raleigh airport we were greeted with big smiles and hugs (well I avoided the hugs...not being able to pump and all...mommies you know what I'm talking about). 


We checked into our hotel (which is packed with families leaving the coast) and headed to Moe's for dinner with our families.


Ahhhhhhhhhh...I really expected Z to be angry that he couldn't play (it's been hard while the movers were packing his favorite toys) and I was really worried about the state of my milk makers...I have been up to 12 hours without pumping and I have to say it's the worst pain, it radiates through your body...and I wondered if we would be stuck in Detroit again...although this time I was prepared with extra clothing in our carry on...plus Irene was worrisome.  Thank goodness we didn't take a later flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment