Should I not let him nap late? If I do that he will be miserable making me miserable. Should I force him to nap early? That may work for other kids but my kid moves a mile a minute and doesn't slow down until the second he falls asleep. He is past the infant stage where you are supposed to let him do whatever he wants, but he is happy and healthy do I really want to take a chance and put him on a schedule...until now the schedule he puts himself on has worked really well.
For now I am letting him sleep in...by habit I still get up...and I enjoy breakfast on my own. Today we stayed home, giving him a chance to nap when he wants to and not just because we are in the car. Even with his early, short naps he was up until 9:15.
Good thing he is so darn cute...
| I wish I was this perky after 10! |
I like the new layout! And is it a new title? We have been really thankful for the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby. Several friends recommended it to us before we had Debby and I read it before she came. Now I refer back to the age sections. For her, it has been spot on describing behaviors, helping us get her on a good schedule, and maintaining healthy sleep. I'm not a huge "schedule" person, so I appreciate the flexibility it allows while still helping your baby get the sleep they need. You are welcome to borrow my copy on Friday.
ReplyDelete