Friday, January 13, 2012

Buttermilk Pan Fried Chicken, Jalapeno Corn Bread and Chocolate Banana Eggrolls

Today I made lots of new recipes. 

The buttermilk chicken was good...nothing special but sometimes it's nice to have just plain chicken. The cornbread was AMAZING.

The recipe called for 1 diced jalapeno...I used 3!

Adam always gives me a hard time because I never follow a recipe.  I use a recipe as a suggestion and so far (2 weeks) I have basically followed the recipes...I only substituted frying the chicken in EVOO instead of canola...and added cayenne pepper.
Our dinner was awesome...

Dessert however didn't quite work out as I planned.  Rachael Ray usually writes recipes that anyone can make...I however failed with my chocolate banana eggrolls.

The recipe said to thaw out 4 sheets fillo dough (which isn't found in the two grocery stores near my house).  I have never used fillo dough but each sheet is as thin as one ply of tissue and the package has 20 sheets rolled up.  It basically fell apart when I tried unrolling it and also when it was thawed.  Maybe I was supposed to use the whole roll (20 sheets according to the box)? 

I still tried...the banana and the chocolate were going to be a no fail wonderful dessert.  I served it with the dipping sauce on top.

It tasted good...I could call it chocolate banana bird nest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Those Chocolate Banana Eggrolls look SO good!! I only follow recipes loosely, too. My philosophy is if I like it I add more and if I don't like it I don't put quite as much in. It's worked well so far!

    ReplyDelete