I am really enjoying our date nights at home. They are really cheap and you can wear sweats...don't get me wrong I love getting dressed up to go out, however my "nice" clothes are few and far between since living in China (they don't make clothes for girls with curves), being pregnant (I wore regular shirts, stretching them all out and spilling on them) and now staying at home with Zachary (I don't buy anything that I don't mind getting crusted graham cracker, snot and other bodily fluids on), I basically haven't bought anything nice in over 2 years.
We decided to have a movie night. Since babysitter + movie tickets = $$$$, we watched it from the comfort of our own home.
We watched:
and because I think it's cool...here is the movie trailer.
I got to pick the movie this time. I love old movies and I have tried to find an oldie that I love, that Adam will enjoy. I think this was a winner...not one sarcastic remark and I heard a few snickers...plus (and this is big) he didn't fall asleep.When we plan for a movie night and make it more intentional it feels more like a date than hanging out at home watching a movie. Since I wanted to make it special I picked up some special snacks:
| I even bought a pack of the "extra butter" popcorn to take the place of our usual light |
Maybe someday we will see a movie in a theater again...until then this is PERFECT!

We love going to movies! We trade date nights with some friends twice a month after Deb goes to sleep, and we almost always go to the movies. Mike doesn't like old movies either. . .
ReplyDelete