This is it...the last "happy month day" before the big 1! I can hardly believe it! Zack is still not walking, I know I have been saying for months that he is ready and I continue to feel that he is...he just would rather crawl. Every week the nursery workers tell me "he almost took a step". My big eater is not enjoying food (other than grapes, bananas and graham crackers) as much as he was. It is really frustrating for me but I am trying to keep it together because the last thing I want to do is turn meal time into an unpleasant experience. I have read books and blogs and message boards about the subject and the verdict is as long as they aren't losing energy (which he isn't) as long as they are growing (which he is...people often guess 14 to 18 months old) as long as they seem happy (the nursery worker today mentioned that she LOVED his laugh and missed him 2 weeks ago when we played hookie) and as long as he has formula, water, juice and some food (he loves his watered down juice and still takes 2 bottles a day and I swear we keep Lowes Foods in business with my banana purchases alone) they will be ok. Every once and a while he eats adult sized meals, the other day he had and loved Mac and Cheese...every once and a while he will eat a grilled cheese or toast with jam. I offer several different things to him but we usually end up giving him a banana.
For the past couple months we have been on a pretty nice schedule. Zack wakes up around 7 plays for a bit and eats cheerios and fruit for breakfast around 9 he gets an 8 oz bottle and goes down for a nap sometime after. He wakes up around 10:30 for more play time. We have lunch around 11:30 and play some more. He takes his second nap around 2 and wakes up around 3. Dinner is at 5 and at 6 we start to wind down with an episode of Sesame Street. I have to say this is my favorite time because it is the only time he will cuddle. He takes a bath 15 min into the show has a bottle and goes to bed at 7.
Here are some photographic highlights:
 |
| First Snow |
 |
| I LOVE this face |
 |
| Showing his friend how to play in the ball pit |
 |
| yummm Cheerios |
No comments:
Post a Comment