Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Food

Usually when you hear super food you may think something like avocado...full of healthy stuff.  Our super food was the meal we had before the Super Bowl.  And if I don't get to cooking another new recipe this is my new recipe of the week.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and Sweet Potato Fries!
I cooked all day...

...OK well the crock pot did the work for me.  I spent all of 2 min throwing frozen chicken, pouring a bottle of wing sauce and dumping in a packet of ranch dressing mix into the crock pot as I ran out the door for church.
Don't you love the Crock Pot?
I did have to shred the chicken so that took maybe another 5 min.  I'll take it.
The sweet potato fries took about 45 min. including cook time.

football jammies in honor of the super bowl

"hmmm...I wonder if mommy will let me try one of these"
I toasted the bread for about 5 min.

Check out the recipes:
Sweet Potato Fries
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
This meal was a total winner!

Zack ate the fries and had a bit of garlic bread with his mac and cheese and steamed carrots.

yeah, he is sticking his tongue out at me

No comments:

Post a Comment