I took a class on Tuesday and organized the coupons in this cute new binder on Wednesday.
| all you need to coupon...newspaper inserts, remote control, and a drink...oh and the phone near by so you don't mess up your piles racing to answer it. |
Here is what I got:
The breakdown:
What I would have paid at full price
Emerald Nuts x4 $29.96
Colgate Toothpaste $2.89
Pace Salsa x2 $5.58
Total: $38.43
What I would have paid with store discounts:
Emerald Nuts x4 $15.48
Colgate Toothpaste $1
Pace Salsa x2 $4
Total: $20.48...Not bad, but here is what I actually paid:
Emerald Nuts x4 $12.48
Colgate Toothpaste $0 (FREE)
Pace Salsa $2.50
Total: $14.98
A savings of almost 50%
If I was a more seasoned couponer I would have had more salsa and toothpaste coupons and stocked up (especially the toothpaste). I don't plan on hording but I do like the idea of stocking up on a few of the things we use all the time. Would I have bought these items without coupons? Nuts...no...they are too expensive but I figured I could allow a treat at under $4 a can. Meanwhile Adam loves his new snack. Salsa...yes...but the Walmart brand which is pretty good but I would have spent more. Colgate...maybe I usually buy what sticks out to me. I can't wait to add to my coupon stock and see what other amazing deals I can find.
No comments:
Post a Comment