for real this time..I hope!
Zack is such a trooper. According to the doctor today not only does he have a bad tummy but he is also getting his molars...in fact one already popped through! From what I heard most babies wake up during the night and are unhappy most of the day. I feel so bad I didn't know and didn't give him anything for the pain. I ended up taking him to the doctor because of the fever he had two weeks ago combined with the stomach bug last week and the ear pulling (according to the doctor because of the molars) on Sunday all combined with his lack of energy on Sunday...we seriously cuddled and watched Sesame Street all day.
I totally love my life but I have to say having 5 days of a sick kid and a husband out of town can seriously be exhausting and it can make you a little crazy since you can't go anywhere (other than our trip to Walmart for pedialite and rice) and no one can (or wants to) visit. However my mom braved the stomach bug and flew up for Saturday and Sunday. Not only did I get naps and a trip to Walmart on my own but I had another adult in my home that I could speak with face to face. I was really dreading Monday knowing that I wouldn't have a "weekend" but Monday came and went and thanks to our visitor I am totally energized for the week. Even though I don't have a mom right down the street its nice to have one that can hop a plane (for free...thank you dad for working at USAirways) from Charlotte to Raleigh for a moments notice only to spend the night on my couch and become exposed to the crud.
Don't get me wrong I was also looking forward to Monday because the hubs came home but it's really just a tease because he has to work tomorrow. I really wish I was the kind of wife that could be super upset that she missed a trip and super stressed about a sick kid so Adam would have to call in sick...meanwhile if I was Adam might not have married me...and I wouldn't have Zachary. So in the end I hope Adam has a great day back at work and I am so glad he got to go to Chicago for some quality brother time, I hope mom doesn't end up with Zack's bug and I hope that we have fulfilled our sickness (and car trouble) quota for the year...and I hope I don't have to use the "collection" cups the doctor gave me if Zack still has "the runs" tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment