Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mental Health Day

Adam needed a break from his 70 hour work weeks and decided to take the day off.  Two years ago that would have meant Adam and I laying on the couch eating take out and watching movies all day.  Today that means sweet little boys wanting to play at 6:30 am.  I was super nice and decided to let Zack think Adam was at work...I hoped he was able to sleep in...but we aren't all that quiet.  We took the boys to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham.  It's super expensive and Zack is still a bit young but they have farm animals and trains...not to mention elevators and stairs (seriously what kid sees a space ship and runs over to ride the elevator?  Oh yeah mine...but I have to say he is very well behaved on the elevator...presses the button only once...waits for it to unload...walks to the back and turns around and waits until it gets to the correct floor before running out and waiting for mommy).
I was really excited to practice taking pictures on manual mode outside on a beautiful day.  Halfway there I realized my battery was blinking so I spent the morning trying to decide if the moment was worth turning the camera on and taking the shot...when the moment was battery worthy I quickly took a couple pictures and hoped I had the correct settings.
We played indoors...


We (of coarse  rode the train...I will never get tired of Zack's excitement over trains "choo choo choo choo".  What made his "choo's" cuter was the "ho ho ho" that he threw in every once and a while because our train driver had a beard.

We played on the playground... (I forgot to change the white balance setting so some of my outdoor pictures are blueish...again if I had enough battery to to look and see and adjust my pictures would have been much better)


We saw some animals...

here is where I realized my "blue" issue




I am so glad Adam surprised us with a random day off.  Actually the random days are my favorite because we have no plan or obligation...we just get to enjoy each other.  I love that we had such a fun day and still have a whole weekend together!

can you tell he loves his brother

No comments:

Post a Comment