back when I was pregnant I figured Zack would need something special to do since I will most likely not want to leave the house in the winter with an infant...well I was wrong about the not leaving the house thing...we get out a lot!
I still think it's good for Zack to have a more structured play time and it's good for all kids to learn how to follow directions.
Zack was not excited to get ready and leave the house at 8:30 this morning...and he was not happy that he had to wear padded "tocs". I knew once we got to the arena he would be excited.
"Ba...ba...ba...bis ba...ba...ba...bis ba...ba...ba bis...etc..." this is what I heard as I was trying to sign him in ("bis ba" is basket ball). I tried to take his picture outside the field in his cute soccer outfit with his shin guards (yes they make them for toddlers) but he wasn't having it...he wanted to go play ball. It was the worst form of torture...
Before "practice" started I took some pictures of him playing...yeah they are mostly of him running away from me but it's all I have...
| doesn't he look like a pro in this one? |
| I can just hear him yelling "BA" |
Miss K started by having everyone sit in a circle and tell their name...I bet you can imagine how that went over. It's a good thing when the teacher knows your kids name in the first 30 seconds of class...right? Basically Zack was fighting to play with the ball and I was fighting to hold him down (Jillian Michaels may kick my butt, however no one does strength training like Zack). Once Miss K had them running drills he was fine and even followed the rules to red light green light (as much as an almost 2 year old can). After drills they built towers and kicked them over (needless to say Zack was officially won over). He sat nicely waiting for their next instructions...
They played with a parachute and kicked balls and ended with bubbles (kicking or stomping to pop them).
It was awesome. I am interested to see if Zack will remember how much fun he had and sit still for the initial welcome and warm up...
Thanx for the post, Lindsay!
ReplyDelete