Tomorrow I have my first “real” doctor’s appointment. I am really excited to hear the baby’s heartbeat. This has been the longest 2 weeks of my life! I have gone through all the pregnancy neurosis where I am scared there is something wrong, worried that I am not taking good care of myself or the baby, scared that people are going to think I am a bad mother because I do things differently than the Chinese (eat watermelon, pineapple, and bananas, exercise, rub my belly…more on that later). On days where I don’t want to vomit I wonder if there is something wrong. I wonder about that sushi I ate before I knew I was pregnant. Hopefully seeing that the baby is OK will help me with some of these fears (I am guessing not…but it will be wonderful either way).
I have felt soooooo sick since Friday (I am beginning to think my weeks start on a Friday because that is when I get new symptoms…the Friday before I started feeling sick….two Fridays before that is when the bloating and fatigue hit full force. This Friday I started feeling more sick and more tired. Friday I met Adam for lunch…I could barely make the 20 min. trip without wanting to puke my brains out, and I made him eat at McDonalds because it was the closest restaurant that had an English menu. Friday night I went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 8:30 the next morning. Saturday I figured out that I should take a nap after lunch and eat something small every 2 hours in order to function. Sunday the plan worked! Today it stopped working and I now need to eat every hour.
*****COOL WEEK 7 FACT: He or she is now 10,000 times bigger than at conception.
No comments:
Post a Comment