Sunday, August 8, 2010

Caught in the rain...

This weekend we went to Hong Kong to hang out with one of Adam’s coworkers from Raleigh who was here on business.  We had a great time just hanging out.  We met another of Adam’s coworkers who lives in Hong Kong and he took us to the pier for dinner.



It was kind of a boardwalk setting with lots of outdoor seafood restaurants looking out into the ocean full of yachts and fishing boats.  You can pick out your own dinner from the variety of live fish and other sea critters out of aquariums. YC picked our dinner and it was delicious.  I have never been a big seafood fan, but I broadened my horizons since living in China and I enjoy seafood every once and a while.  We ate some amazing squid…which according to Adam I will never taste squid that good ever again.   After dinner we went down to the promenade where you can have amazing views of the city skyline at night while enjoying a drink outside.  When we reached the promenade we took a couple pictures before the sky opened up and it rained like I have never seen before.  We were soaking wet with nowhere to go.  We figured we were already wet and decided to walk until we could find somewhere to wait out the rain.  We found an Irish Pub and sat for about an hour before heading back to the hotel. 

Lets back up to Saturday morning when we packed our bag for our overnight trip.  I just packed a clean shirt, underwear and toiletries.  Adam wanted to pack a clean pair of shorts as well as a clean shirt and underwear.  I gave him a hard time about packing so much for just overnight.  FF to Sunday morning…my jeans were soaking wet were Adam had a whole dry outfit.  I sent him out to the mall to find me some pants; I figured yoga pants would be easy for him to pick out.  We happened to be in the only area of Hong Kong that didn’t have an H&M so Adam had to pick out a pair of real pants.  They fit me pretty well (GO ADAM).  Anyway poor Adam had to go shopping for pants for me (I don’t even like doing that) and I was stuck in the hotel room until 11:30 without breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment