Wow…8 seems like such a small number, however it feels like I have been pregnant forever (I can’t imagine what it will feel like at 30+ weeks). I think the forever comes from the lies I have to tell and how I know I have to keep the secret for another 4 weeks. Anyway last Friday I started feeling more congested and I had a sore throat and on Saturday I started with a bad cough. I am guessing these aren’t pregnancy symptoms. I have been achy all over and basically feel flu-ish without the drowsiness.
Last week the doctor told me to stop taking my pre-natal vitamins and take only folic acid (to help with my all day sickness) and it helped big time! I feel so much better and I can almost go 2.5 hours without eating something!
I have also not been sleeping well, I have these very vivid dreams that are very unsettling and make me feel like I haven’t slept. I sometimes dream of people I know or met once, or of characters in the TV show we watched right before bed, but the dreams always have to do with the pregnancy (usually trying to hide it) and usually end with me so frustrated or upset I wake myself up.I have been really good about not exercising I have even taken it further by not taking stairs, and not doing anything that would require more work or more exertion then a walk around the grocery store. It may be a little too much, but I would much rather be safe than sorry, and I would much rather have the blood gone so I can get back to exercising (it’s amazing at how much better it made me feel and sleep).
I hate that this is all negative. I really thought I would be one of those glowing, walking on air pregnant women (and maybe I will be starting in the second trimester) but I have been miserable and not myself. My poor husband had been so wonderful living with this woman that used to be kinda cool and is now behaving like a toddler (needs snack and nap to keep happy, gives him a hard time about eating dinner, wakes him up with her bad dreams). I really do love knowing that I am pregnant and I could sit and read about how my baby is growing or what it is doing all day long. I am totally happy…just kinda miserable.I have noticed Adam and I tend to call the baby a he, I don’t know if it is the natural instinct, but I am worried it may be a girl and it may be hard to switch to she…so I try to catch myself and say he…OR SHE! Who knows we may just know it’s a boy. I do have feelings of it being a girl…usually when I see a really cute pink dress or booties with flowers on them, but I also have feelings of a boy…usually when I have dreams of the future when I have the baby. I can’t wait to find out…I better come up with a baby budget now before my heart has more say then my pocketbook!
*****Cool Week 8 Fact: My baby can move, and it looks more like a human then a reptile (I just know it’s the cutest little fetus in the world…a mother knows these things)!
No comments:
Post a Comment