 |
| my bloated before look |
It’s official I had a doctor’s appointment in Hong Kong this morning where they took a blood test and determined (according to my HCG levels) that I am 5 weeks along! The first thing the doctor said was “What happened?...I thought you were going to start trying in a few months!” then he laughed when I said I thought you had to go off the pill a few months before trying to get your body back on schedule (I love a doctor that doesn’t mind teasing you a little…it makes me more relaxed). It was too early for the first ultrasound so Dr. Doo (pronounced Dew) said he would save me some money and do the full examination at my next appointment. Not only is my doctor totally cool, highly recommended by Hong Kong ex-pats, but he likes saving me money…I think he is a keeper. I wasn’t surprised but I was relieved that my blood levels are good (whatever they are and whatever they mean). My next appointment is August 17th (maybe I will hear the heart beat). The only bad thing about my doctor being in Hong Kong is Adam can’t come to all the appointments with me (it takes 3-4 hours to travel one way). GLASS HALF FULL: baby number 2 will be special for daddy because he will be able to go to more doctors appointments when we live in Raleigh and he doesn’t have to take the full day off (not that we are planning baby number 2 yet). Adam is saving the days off for my big doctor’s appointments.
Between the blood test and hearing the results I wondered a couple baby stores planning on picking something up…a “I bought you this when I found out I was pregnant with you” gift. Unfortunately I am totally caught up in the little girl stuff vs. little boy stuff...the neutral stuff is really cute but not as cute as the little blue booties with a train or the little pink hat with a flower. I guess I will have to wait until we find out to start buying things…but for now looking at everything is enough to keep me happy.
I treated myself to Dr. Oz’s pregnancy book, and it looks interesting…it talks about why everything happens where What To Expect just kind of tells you what happened. After I get my amazon shipment (another pregnancy book…it is really fun to learn about all the cool things my body is doing and how my baby is growing…and a couple pregnancy workout DVD) I will be an expert of my own body and the best possible home for our little baby.
***COOL WEEK 5 FACT: The baby's heart started beating!
No comments:
Post a Comment