Sunday, February 6, 2011

32 Weeks


The last couple weeks the fact that time seems to be moving super fast has made me feel so unprepared for what will be coming within the next 10 weeks.  However over the past week we stocked up on diapers (a couple small packs of newborn, size one, and a box of size 2).  One thing I have heard from mommies is to wait to stock diapers until you see what fits your baby the best, however living in China has cut my choices down to 2 brands of decent diapers and according to the mommies here only one is worthwhile.  We picked up a crib, stroller, carrier, monitor and a few more blankets along with a bouncy seat from friends of mine who were nice enough to lend or sell me their already loved items saving us a ton of money (especially on the car seat which we would not be able to use in the US due to different standards).  We will bring the stroller back because it is a heavy duty one, but a lot of the things that Jodie left me will be passed on to someone who is hoping to become pregnant sometime later this year, and the crib and bouncy chair will go back to the girl who lent them to me in case they have another.  It is a huge burden lifted off my shoulders, not only did I have to tote everything back from Hong Kong after paying way too much (Hong Kong standards are much better then Chinese standards), but I was worried about what was going to happen when we returned to America and our stuff (including big baby items) takes who knows how long to get to us.

This week was also Chinese New Year (as we foreigners call it) or Spring Festival.  Adam planned a trip (I hung up my travel agent badge after the Australia trip) to Guangzhou.  I was proud of myself to being able to waddle around the city like a star.  We got to play tourist and relax a bit.  The biggest part for me was the opportunity to have more food choices then we have in Huizhou.  The day before we left I cooked a can of Tom Yum soup for dinner and it made me really want chicken with green curry (my favorite Thai food).  The night we arrived in Guangzhou we walked past a number of Chinese restaurants and went to an Asian fusion place that had Thai food, Indian food, and Chinese food along with a few Japanese choices.  I had the second best chicken with green curry I have ever tasted (the first being the fresh curry paste Adam and I made in our cooking class in Thailand).  The next day for lunch we went to a grill that had hotdogs, hamburgers, fried chicken etc…what did I order? Chicken with green curry.  Dinner that night we went to a German restaurant, but the next day for lunch we ate at a mall where I ordered Chicken with green curry and for dinner we looked at a few Vietnamese, Japanese and Brazilian menu’s before Adam told me…”lets just go to the Thai place, you know that’s what you want”.  Meanwhile I felt bad for making him follow me to Thai places all vacation but I honestly thought I would cry at the thought of going to any of the other places for dinner.  The next day we ate lunch at the place we went to the first day, I didn’t feel bad about making Adam go back because the menu was huge and had so many choices that he was able to eat pretty much whatever he wanted.  Thank goodness there is an amazing Thai restaurant right next to my doctors office in Hong Kong.   And thank the lord that I don’t have heartburn from eating spicy food…I think it’s my little gift for having 5+ months of not liking any food.

******Cool Week 32 Fact: Baby now has toenails and fingernails and (maybe) hair.  Although hair supposedly causes heartburn and I don’t have heartburn so maybe Zachary will be a cute little bald baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment