Friday, February 11, 2011

The Emergency Plan To Beat All Emergency Plans!

This is something Adam has been working on for over a month.  When we started talking about the details of the emergency plan I decided that it isn’t something I need to think about.  Honestly the stress of figuring out what to do when and how and arranging everything was bound to cause me to go into early labor…so I decided to be the one that lives in the land of flowers and rainbows, where everything happens on track and according to how I want it to.  Adam got to be the one that made calls, did research and stressed until it was finished, he gets to live in the real world where things don’t always turn out as planned and problems sometimes happen. 

I think the right person had the job, Adam used people at work that lived in Hong Kong and the people that he knows that work at the Hong Kong Cree office to help him out.  Our emergency numbers list everything from Ambulances in Hong Kong, Huizhou and Shenzhen to ladies I know in Hong Kong that will come stay with me at the hospital until Adam can be there.  Adam listed a plan of action based on the situation and time of day. 

PRE MARCH 6: We have everything from “THE BABY IS COMING NOW!!!!” to “The baby is coming soon but I don’t think I can make it across the border” to “My water broke and we have plenty of time”.  We have plans for if it is the middle of the night (our driver is on call and we have a number for an Ambulance or a driver that will meet us on the other side of the border).  We have plans for if it’s the middle of the day (we go to a different border and have a different driver to call that will meet us at the border).  If we don’t need to cross the border our driver will take us right to the Emergency room in Huizhou or Shenzhen.

AFTER MARCH 6: I will be in Hong Kong, walking distance from my doctor and a short taxi ride to the hospital.  Adam will work one day a week (Friday) out of the Hong Kong office and will stay with me on the weekends.  If the baby comes between Thursday night and Monday morning it would work out perfectly.  If the baby comes between Monday morning and Thursday night I have 2 ladies that will meet me at the hospital and keep me company until Adam gets there.  I will go to the hospital as soon as I have any sign of labor (no laboring at home when I am by myself).  If I feel up to it I will take a taxi, if not I will call the ambulance.  Meanwhile Adam has a plan based on time of day of how he is going to get to the hospital in Hong Kong from his dorm room at Cree.

Basically it sounds complicated, however it is really simple and we are both comfortable with the plan.  We have also run this plan by people that live in China and Huizhou and on my next doctors visit I will run it by the doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment