Thursday, May 26, 2011

2 Months

I have been really bad about blogging but Zachary and I have been pretty busy!
Zack has gotten really big, in fact we are out of the newborn size footie pjamas and the newborn diapers.  He is almost too long for his footie pj’s but barely fills them out.  Good thing we are in summer so I don’t have to worry about finding long skinny pants for a baby! 
According to a book I read Zack falls into the category of an “active baby”.  He meets every requirement (doesn’t sleep as much, when laying on his back kicks and swings his arms…even in his sleep, he tries really hard to roll over and I expect it to happen any day now, and he isn’t an easy baby to cuddle with while he is awake…it would be like trying to hold onto a new puppy).  Thankfully it was recommended to us that we not even bother swaddle, we hadn’t done it since we left Hong Kong because he would either kick it off or be so frustrated that he wouldn’t sleep.  Swaddling is one of those things that people swear by, however it didn’t work for us.  He is getting really strong and if we aren’t careful he has the ability to throw himself out of our arms.  The not napping part has been difficult for me because there are lots of things I need to do around the house (one being to wash bottles…since he also refuses to nurse)…sidenote…how is it that my baby hates doing 2 of the 3 things babies are supposed to do, eat and sleep, at least he has good poops!
My baby cracks me up…he does everything he can to prevent us from putting on his diaper or clothes (back to the active part), he will lock his knees then kick then lock etc…  My favorite thing that he does (which he has done since birth) is lifts at the hips so his legs are straight in the air when he passes gas (even in his sleep).  We can’t lay down with him without him squirming himself to our necks and getting stuck.  He usually grunts for a while trying to figure out how to get himself out of the situation before crying for help. 
We have tried many times to catch him smiling on camera (or doing the silly things he does) however it’s like he has an off switch that only works when we pull out a camera…the same thing happened when he was in the belly and we tried to catch video of my belly bouncing.
Everyone told us that the first few months our baby will just be a lump that eats sleeps and poops, once they get to be 4 or 5 months they start showing their personality…however little Z has been far from a lump.  He has been doing all the things I mentioned since the day he was born; however it gets to be more and more intense each day…Adam and I will surely have our hands full!



No comments:

Post a Comment