Saturday, May 7, 2011

Home Sweet Huizhou!

We got home yesterday and this trip to Huizhou brought back memories of my first trip to Huizhou.  I was pointing out to mom all the things that made me nervous about the choice we made and getting more and more anxious to see the familiar sights of the town I still don’t really understand.  As soon as we walked through the door (after a quick pump of course) I showed Zachary his new home and made him try out all his stuff.  He spent a couple seconds in the crib watching the mobile before moving to the bouncy seat and ending up on the floor with his playmat.  I was excited to feed him using the boppy and so excited to have my sanitizer and more than 2 bottles.  Poor kid didn’t know what to think!  I was worried Zachary wouldn’t want to sleep in his crib (after the problems we had getting him to sleep in his bassinette in Hong Kong) but he loved it!
It’s amazing what a difference a year and a few months make.  Just the feeling driving in was totally opposite of the feeling I had our first trip.  Adam and I have truly made a home here with our friends and Chinese Family.  I can’t wait to show off our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment