Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Couponing Update

I haven't blogged about it for a while but couponing is awesome.  I am truly addicted.  I had to pay full price for groceries the other day and it ruined my day...not really but sort of.  I only pay full price for bread milk, Zack food or K-Cups.  I try to find these on sale or use coupons...or both...but I have to keep my boys happy!
Last week was super douples at Lowes Foods AND at Harris Teeter.  Meaning they doubled coupons up to $1.99.  That combined with my new found love of printed coupons, my electronic coupons and my fully organized coupon binder made for some AMAZING deals.
Lowes Foods...total cost under $12...for almost $40 worth of food!  Tyson Frozen Chicken Tenders + Oreida SP Fries + 2 bags of Birds Eye Frozen veggies = FREE  Velveta Cheesy Skillets 18c, 2 boxes of Club Crackers $3, 4 Boxes of cereal $3 and Angel Soft TP $4.50  plus tax
This was a lot more money but I picked up some big ticket items...2 packs of batteries, contact solution and spray sun screen.  Total cost under $42.  My favortie deals Starbucks Coffee = $2.50, Wholy Guacamole 50c and emerald nuts (origionally $6.99 each) for $2.50 each.

After a coupon swap and cutting the next sundays coupons I had to go back...


I don't remember the total cost but I got free jelly and free I can't believe it's not butter.  The cake mix and frosting cost me $1.50 for both and the dry shampoo (got 2b brand) was only $1.50.

$4.50 plus tax!
I know what you're thinking...that is a lot of cereal and a lot of butter.  I eat cereal every day and I have enough of a supply that I won't buy anymore unless it is under 50c a piece.  As far as butter we use it and I won't buy that anymore unless it's free.  Other things on my "free" list are jelly, toothpaste, deodorent, and crackers. 
According to my coupon teacher it should take 12 weeks to really see a difference in our grocery budget and I am at that point.  I was able to plan a whole month of meals (I buy and freeze meat when it is super cheap) without needing to buy anything but a few fresh ingredients a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment