Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pay It Forward

Jodie took me to an Ex-Pat home today.  The family is moving back to France and will be getting rid of things that they bought here.  For a small (very small) price I got some plates and what not to use before our shipment comes, a vacuum cleaner, a garlic press and other little odds and ends.  She was happy to get rid of the stuff and is even passing her card book (a book of cards to give the taxi driver) to Jodi.  I have started mine but I can’t imagine what an 18 month collection looks like (it’s like gold!). 
Jodie told me that the ex-pat community is like that movie Pay It Forward, when one leaves they pass their stuff (including nanny’s) on to other ex-pats.  It’s a great community to be a part of and you can trust that everyone is genuine in their offers and in their fast friendships, because they remember what it was like being alone in China (which is a hard way to feel considering there are sooooo many people). 

No comments:

Post a Comment