Friday, July 15, 2011

Lindsay's Day Off

Adam sent me and e-mail yesterday..."You get 8 hours of paid vacation"...I had to read it a few times before I understood what he meant. 
Lets look back...Zachary has been sick all week...Monday every half hour I cleaned out his nose and mouth, poor little guy was miserable.  Tuesday we went all the way to Hong Kong and back, when we got home Z started to realize he felt bad.  Wednesday he slept all day...however he would choke on his mucus or cry in his sleep which totally broke my heart.  Thursday and Friday he still felt bad but didn't sleep at all during the day.  My mom said I was the same way (I still am)...medication always has an odd effect on me.  So basically he felt bad all day and didn't understand why or how to feel better.  He cried and cried.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I slept in his room...which means I didn't sleep. 
After lunch I talked to Adam on the phone...I just needed an adult to talk with.  After venting a bit I felt soooooooo much better.  I love my life, I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING, but I just needed to recharge my batteries.
I didn't take 8 hours...I didn't need it.  I did enjoy a trip to the gym, then I undid anything that happened at the gym by having a starbucks.  And I couldn't leave the mall without stoping in the grocery store.  It was nice to not have to entertain a baby while on the eliptical (although he does enjoy watching the rowing machine) and it was so much easier to grocery shop without a strolller.  I finally got to really look at all the amazing things our new grocery store carries.
As it turns out Zachary slept pretty much all day...so Adam got some alone time to watch a movie. 
We both

No comments:

Post a Comment