Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Most Diverse 4th of July Party EVER!

It’s fitting that a 4th of July party that included people from Italy, Canada, China, Japan and Venezuela would take place on July 1st.  I love entertaining!  I feel so proud of myself when people have a good time.  This party has to be one of my proudest moments.  My cleaner is out of town for an undefined amount of time so I cleaned the house, unpacked and did laundry from a vacation, cooked and baked all while taking care of a baby who has gone back to 20 min. naps.  Z was a good sport. I put him in the bouncy seat a few times and would come talk to him between chopping vegetables or doing dishes.  I made oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies, brownies, hummus, chicken tenders, meatballs (well Ikea made the meatballs), and pizza bread.  I also served chips and salsa that I didn’t have to smuggle from Hong Kong…I just picked them up at the new grocery store.
Everyone brought snacks and we had a wonderful time…the last people left at 3 am.  I really needed the adult conversations and I liked having some fun couple time with Adam and the other couples that came.  Z didn’t let the party keep him from his routine (sounds like my Grandpa Dalland).  He fell asleep and didn’t let the noise keep him from getting a good night sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment