Monday, July 4, 2011

A lot can happen in a year!

This Saturday we went to Guangzhou (yes after being up until 3 am) to meet a family from our old lifegroup back in NC.  They were here to pick up their newest family member, a little boy they adopted from China.  Last February we met them as they picked up number 3…and had no idea we would get to meet in China again with two new additions. 
Their oldest is going to make a great babysitter for little Z someday.  The middle two were as fun and cute as ever and the newest is a hoot.  Kristi and Ian are amazing parents and their kids are awesome!  I really missed listening to kids conversations.  This was just the dose of America that I needed.
To be honest I was excited and nervous about this trip.  I planned for a week the cute outfit Z would wear because Kristi’s kids always look so cute and I wanted Z to hold his own in pictures.  I waited until 10 min before we left to dress him just in case, but 5 min before we left he spit up all over himself.  Anyone that knows K and I know that they are the least judgmental people EVER, but for me this was a trial for going home and seeing everyone and having them meet Z.  They will have to get to know Adam and I as parents and Z is going to have to suck it up and smile, talk, laugh and do his tricks for everyone.  Right now the only thing people know about Z is what I write in facebook or the blog.  I don’t doubt that everyone is going to love him…but I hope he does all the cute things he does for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment