Saturday, March 19, 2011

38 Weeks

These weeks are going by sooooooooooo slowly.  I am not at home so I can’t play with the baby things or fold and refold Zachary’s clothing, the preparation is done and normally I would redo it but all the stuff is 3 hours away.  I have been walking malls and eating lots of wonderful food…but I miss home. I remember when it was crunch time and the weeks were going so quickly at this point I can’t believe I am still pregnant…I have been pregnant forever! 

My evenings consist of Braxton Hicks, vivid labor dreams, bathroom breaks, snack breaks, nausea, hot flashes and thinking that if I fall asleep I might miss labor (crazy I know but I am sleep deprived).  My days alternate between being full of energy or barely being able to wake up in the morning.  I try to take a nap but usually can’t because I can’t get comfortable.  I know I have said this before…but don’t tell me “Oh it will get you used to being up with the baby”.  I would much rather sleep than practice not sleeping.

I am way more emotional (apparently a sign you are at the end)…anything from a card that says “it’s a boy”, to seeing a little boy with his mother, or looking at the bassinette…and even now thinking about these things makes me cry.  The poor ladies that work at the card store, the poor mother with her little boy, what must they think of this crazy lady crying over nothing!

I have been reading up on labor and delivery, breastfeeding and listening to the Pregtastic podcasts…it’s wonderful!  I have also been reading up on the first 3 months of life, what to expect, what is not normal etc…However I think I need to switch to some reading for pleasure again because my brain is so jam packed with facts and figures that I could pass a written exam with flying colors meanwhile I usually learn by doing.

All that being said…I am happy the baby is doing well and continuing to grow, he can stay in there as long as he needs to (within reason). 

*******Cool Week 38 Fact: Again nothing new developing, Zachary is just continuing to get bigger…and I guess he is enjoying hanging out with his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment