Monday, March 7, 2011

“It’s getting you used to being up with the baby”

Honestly if one more person says that to me I may just get hormonal on them!  I am sleeping like an infant myself right now…only a couple hours at a time and when I wake up I need a snack and a trip to the bathroom.  I also keep my poor husband up (I don’t feel so bad for myself because I could nap all day if I needed to).  I snore (I made a comment that I wake myself up every time I snore and Adam said “not every time”…it’s freakin loud!  I also have been really uncomfortable lately (there is no comfortable position to sit, stand or lay).  People keep telling me it’s good practice but honestly once the baby is here I will be happy to sit up at 1:30 in the morning and 4:30 in the morning etc…to take care of him.  I am however not happy to be up giving me more time to search pregnancy and labor horror stories on the internet. 

What is worse is the apartment in HK is a super small loft (picture a very small dorm room or a small 1 room camper) so when Adam is here there is no going to lay on the couch to fall asleep watching tv or turning on the light to read a little bit. 

The baby has dropped and there have been no other signs of labor but I am hoping that he comes soon (and is ready of course) so that I can enjoy the couple hours of sleep I get rather than sorting out pillows, blankets, etc…trying to get semi comfortable just in time to need to use the rest room and start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment